The food processing and manufacturing industry is one of the most dynamic and fast-paced sectors in the world. With constantly evolving customer demands, changing regulations, and increasing competition, companies must stay on top of their game to remain successful. One key factor that can make or break an operation is the management of inventory and storage systems. Ensuring inventory is maintained in the correct storage conditions is a requirement unique to food operations, and preventing storage errors is a critical function for food focused WMS.
ParityFactory’s Directed Putaway Storage functionality enables Customers to do just this, via the adoption of customized Location Zones.
These zones help ensure product quality by enforcing proper storage conditions – for example, preventing product from being placed in the freezer when it should be stored in the fridge.
The adoption of Directed Putaway Storage Location functionality allows customers to:
- Prioritize locations throughout the warehouse in order to facilitate easy storing of inventory.
- Direct users to put products in different locations based on priority and lot creation date (FIFO) which prevent physical mixing of lots.
- Proactively store same or like products within close proximity to promote storing efficiency.
- Assign and validate that products are exclusively stored in specified locations under correct storage conditions (Ex. Products that are sensitive to temperature or weather conditions).
- Set maximum capacity limits by location to identify when a storage location is full prior to arrival, optimizing efficiency.
- Obtain real-time visibility regarding the status of a location as:
- Full, with zero capacity remaining.
- Available (in order of priority) – Location has capacity remaining and inventory may be stored there.
- Older – Location is available but may not be used as an older lot of the same product is already placed there.
- Maximize storage areas by being directed to load areas from the back to the front.
In short, Directed Putaway Storage is a game-changer that can significantly improve inventory management and enhance overall warehouse efficiency. By implementing this powerful tool, businesses can stay ahead of the competition and deliver top-quality products to their customers.
Sound like something that could benefit your operation? Let’s talk!